sponsor

Monday, Monday

"It takes me twice as long to not get anything done on Monday as it does the rest of the week."

But, it is not a day to cry. Outside, it is so dreary--rainy and cold. No, I have not been out. But, I can see the sky though the fanlight in the door.

I still need to wash dishes and color my hair. I am not optimistic I will get anything else done, like the dishes.

What I need to do today:
color hair
wash at least some of the dishes
cook sausage
Put the cooked sausage in scrambled eggs
bake sweet potatoes
bake rest of hamburgers, eight, I think
heat broccoli soup


Don't get me wrong. There are other things that need to be done. But, it is almost 3 pm. The list above is bare bones what must be done.

The church pancake dinner is Tuesday night to celebrate Lent. I thought getting rid of fats were more important than getting rid of flour. I don't participate in Lent or know much about Fat Tuesday.  But, the decree is no meats at a pancake dinner. The Kiwanis pancake dinner always had sausage.

However, when I said "only pancakes?" ,I got an adamant answer from the preacher's wife. Since I am not fond of planning a meal of carbs/sweets and calling it dinner, I will make scrambled eggs with sausage for Tommy and me. I would scramble more eggs, but I do not want to cross her. lol No one can object to people eating in a way that is necessary. Honestly, i don't care what she thinks!

We need to go to Cullman tomorrow and be back by 5 pm at the church. I won't have time to cook. I suppose i will take real maple syrup with me, since they will have none, just regular pancake syrup. It was in kitchen all set out. I know maple syrup is high in sugar, but it also has antioxidants. Besides, I have not had maple syrup since it was destroyed in my house.

The broccoli soup was awful. Obviously, I made it wrong.

Okay, I have things to do.

Do you celebrate Lent by giving up something? What do you give up?


Post a Comment

0 Comments