sponsor

Bits I left Out and a Question

I love Lindt Lindor "irresistibly smooth" milk chocolate truffles. The ones I buy are two to a tiny shiny bag and cost $1. Inside are two truffles, a hard chocolate outside and a soft chocolate center. Sometimes, I share this with Tommy, one truffle for each of us.

The tiny empty bag was sitting here, ready to toss. As I picked it up, I noticed there was more heft to it than was normal for the empty bag. Sure enough, there was a third truffle. The two empty wrappers were proof that I did eat two and did get a third one. I counted myself lucky. By the way, these tiny bags are now $0.50...yes, fifty-cents. I felt so lucky.

When I told Tommy about the Kraft Parmesan cheese on sale and a coupon, too, he said, "Don't you have one of those?" I told him it would run out. "No, don't you have one on the table, an extra one?" I keep having to remind him I stock up on this stuff. I do not just eat it on spaghetti.

Saturday, when I came out of Lowe's, I wondered what was happening to the right of the door. Lo and Behold! There were Girl Scout Cookies. I purchased Thin Mints for me and Shortbread for Tommy. I was afraid I was going to miss GSC this year like I did last year. What is your favorite GSC?

Saturday, At Publix I found on sale Godiva Chocolate Raspberry pudding. YUM!

My yard has had daffodils since January. Now, it has even more. Tulips have not blossomed yet. The Redbuds are blooming.

I keep "finding" my microwave in the trunk of my car. I am surprised every time I open the trunk which I rarely open since I rarely drive it. I suppose it will live there. Today, I also found a small bag of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, and skin lotion, two of each. This will be given to someone else since it might cause allergies. I did keep the lotion to use on my hands. If it causes a reaction, at least I can wash it off easily and buy something different without wasting money to find something that will not make me itch. Okay, it makes my hands itch.

Today, I brought in my walker to use to hang laundry on in the bedroom. I really need a bona fide clothes dryer since it would hold much more for the same space. This is the walker that only has two wheels and no seat..

Saturday night dinner--hamburger patties cooked in the oven and a large portion of steamed broccoli and a halo. Sunday--leftover patties from Saturday night and broccoli soup.  The bought patties that I did not buy were too heavily seasoned, so the ones for Sunday are being washed before cooking

Dessert--halos. Tommy finished the strawberries for lunch. I mostly have to hand him fruit so he will eat it. Then again, sometimes he gets halos and apples every day. ??? I have a banana each and every day. I get grumpy if I do not have one.

At the permanent yard sale, I bought the concrete planter. It is beautiful, but there is no drain hole. I will probably put a potted plant inside instead of putting dirt and plant in it. Still, I picture drowning a plant. What can I plant in it?  Rain will get into it even if I put it on the porch.  So, that is my question. I want to plant food in it, like an herb, but a flower is fine. ???

Post a Comment

0 Comments