sponsor

What I Did on a Do-Nothing Day

I awoke before it started getting light out. I made a conscious effort to just lie there and rest instead of getting up. Finally, at about 9 am I got up. At 11 am I had waited long enough after my pills to eat breakfast--a milk and banana.

Then, I read on my laptop. And, halfway watched whatever was on TV. Around 1 pm, we had a hotdog, just one and nothing else. At 4 pm, I had scrambled eggs.  Finally, I got the broccoli and potato soup reheated while putting in more broccoli. I thought I had more broccoli but there was barely enough for one person. That made two large bowls of potato broccoli soup. It is gone after two meals--four servings.

Tonight's activity was washing and cutting and mashing strawberries in preparation for the strawberry shortcake. yum

The pain is a little better. I finally had a Coke with caffeine as the caffeine dulls the aches in my arms and elbows as well as all the other aching muscles. It makes my heart palpitate, too.

Tonight, I am going to take a white cake mix and put two chopped Granny Smith apples and some cinnamon in the cake mix and make a poor substitute for Apple Dapple Cake. I doubt I will make the topping since it is mostly sugar.

funny incident

The last time we went out, I bought a pastry blender to use to mash strawberries. I could have used a potato masher, but could not find one I liked at the one place I went.

The pastry blender is a hand device with a handle and blades for cutting shortening or butter into flour--in case you don't know. Talking to the guys here.

The thing was attached to the cardboard with short, very strong zip ties. I cannot cut them, so I asked Tommy to do it. He was struggling with the scissors because they are so tightly attached to the cardboard. Have you purchase anything that had these zip ties holding something you buy connected to the cardboard?

When he gave it back, I did a demonstration in the air of how it was used, mentioning biscuits. The next day, he said excitedly, "They had one of those things you bought yesterday in the commercial." He was just amazed that the TV showed the device. He said he has never seen one before. He is so funny and clueless sometimes!

Edit: Tonight, I cleaned and used the pastry blender on six quarts of strawberries, put three quarts in the freezer, and left two quarts out for strawberry shortcakes tomorrow. There was a little over a quart of stems which included really white tops on some of them. I decided to cut off the white. I lost 4 strawberries which I count as good. Tommy ate about a dozen whole while I worked.

Do you own a pastry blender?

Post a Comment

0 Comments