sponsor

Gas Leak

This morning, Tommy's car would not start, even with a jump. The guy who tried to jump it, went back and got some sort of charger that sits under the hood. I had to take Tommy to his dentist appointment instead of riding. That was a harrowing ride with Tommy half-assed giving me directions. Then, he would say, Don't you remember??? in a harsh tone. I told him not to ever use "Don't you remember?" tp e again. Those words are a judgment and a stressor. When I taught math, I never used those words to students.

"Pay attention." "Follow the signs!" "Follow that car!" "Which car?" Well that question made him mad. At least give me the color.

Okay, I got there and even with his directions. When we got home, I told him to come see his gate on the ground. Well, it was the old gate. I thought the existing gate which stays open ALL the time was a smaller gate and this small gate Was supposed to be up and they met in the middle to close it. As I closed the gate, he was yelling to leave it open. I heard a hissing as I came to the front yard, turned and looked at a meter and asked Tommy what the meter was. GAS Well, it was hissing and I could smell gas.

He said it had to be where he could smell it. ??? He cannot smell much of anything. I fretted and fussed and tried to reason with him. I finally demanded he call the gas company to shut me up...lol. He did.

It might take them 2 hours to get here. I was preparing to take my things to the car, just the clothes. I refuse to be with only one set of clothing to wear another time...ever. The guy showed up in about ten minutes. I thanked him for coming so soon and said, "I sure don't want that to blow up since that is the bedroom I sleep in." He stopped walking to the meter, stopped working and came to argue with me. He stopped to argue with me--you think I am going to let this blow up with me here? Over and over! "I have been doing this for 30 years You don't think I know what I am doing?" on and on he talked.

I tried not to talk. Since I did not want to be in the house, I sat in my car. Tommy came to the ramp and the guy was telling him this was his job and going on and on. I closed the car door so I could not hear the guy. Is tightening up something on a leaky meter and covering a rusty meter with new paint the way to handle a leaking meter? Paint?

Now, his car has to be towed. If it is not one thing, it's not another!

I need to get the Belk return and my walker from his Rogue as it is going to be towed. He is sending it to Pep Boys and called a tow truck. I would have called Pep Boys who may have a cheaper deal with the tow company. But, this is the way he does it--unknow tow truck.

I am exhausted! And it is only 2 pm. Today has been a trial. I would bet my life he will not mention the master cylinder for the brakes. Okay, I mentioned brakes.
tommy and guy poo pooed my concerns. I do not like the guy who was in charge there.

It is 4 pm an time for a nap. I know it is too late, but I a falling asleep sitting up and typing.

Okay, at 5 pm I gave up and went to bed. At 6:15 I awoke and started dinner.

Post a Comment

0 Comments