sponsor

Friday

Thursday, I finally put two huge chicken breast with bone and skin along with three boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a bag to bake in the oven. I poured a half cup of water in the bag and sprinkled onion soup mix over the meat. In the end of the pan wrapped in foil I placed new potatoes with butter and some Better Than Bouillon over them. This was delicious. The trouble is that I kept hanging onto the current political show. It was 10:30 before it was done and I served it. Tommy was patient. I did serve him a Romaine and grape tomato salad about 9:30.

At least I will have the meat portion done for tomorrow's dinner. Maybe I will cook in broth the two pounds of carrots I have and give him another salad along with the chicken. Saturday, I will have everything done and will not have to cook Saturday or Sunday.


It may sound braggy when I say something I have cooked was delicious. I can eat chicken without a grain of salt. Same with potatoes. I know how to season, but for myself I often don't. Tommy has the salt and pepper shaker by his chair and salts everything, no matter what seasoning I use when cooking! I NEVER give him unseasoned food.

I know it has only been two days, but Tommy has been himself. The more I paid attention to him, the more I could see his ill moods were when his blood sugar was dropping. I get all whiny and fretful and apologize for my behavior as my blood sugar drops. He attacks. I forgot to get something sugary for his blood sugar drops when we are away from the house.

About ten years ago at my house, I asked him what he wanted when he was going back outside and wanted something to drink. I asked what he wanted, and he said one of my "sugary" Cokes. I was shocked, but he said with the heat and the hard work he was doing in the yard, he would be okay. Before that, I had not one idea how diabetes worked. He had always had water and only drank diet Pepsi, never a Coke.

Friday, I needed a few things, most of which can wait. We ran out to get vinegar and an item greatly reduced at CVS. Then, we drove a few streets here to look for the pink, plastic bags with coupons. The garbage ran today and these were thrown on Monday. So, he said it would be okay. I got one package of coupons from this week with coupons I cut. Obviously, I am wrong about when I got the $5 coupon from a pink bag! grrr
Maybe I can still find it around here where I cut it out and put it in a safe place.

There was no rain today and in 60s, so it was a pleasant day, sunny. Tommy said it was in 50s. So, who knows?





Post a Comment

0 Comments