sponsor

A Conversation

Wednesday night, I was lying down and reading news on the laptop. I saw a title of an article saying that in Florida iguanas are called "chicken of the trees." It seems that the iguanas get cold and fall out of the trees. I laughed and told Tommy. His expression barely changed. Then, Jimmy Kimmel came on and during the monologue, Kimmel said that in Florida people are calling iguanas "chicken of the trees."

Tommy roared laughing. WHAT???

I told him what he did and asked him why it was not funny when I said it. He said, "He said it funnier than you." ???

When I objected, he said well, he was telling jokes before he said it. So, I told him I would tell jokes before I told him anything funny.

Unbelievable!

As I struggled to get up and get from under the laptop, I said, "I just can't win!" Then, I became incredibly dizzy and fell back from a sitting position to falling sort of sideways with head back since the room was spinning. He startled and I gathered myself enough to see why he jumped. He said he thought I was having a heart attack. Then, he laughed.

So, I can get a laugh by dying. Well, this exchange left me laughing for a while. I had to try to get to the bathroom quickly!

Okay, I know delivery is a lot of the humor, but there was a great disparity in Tommy's response.

Thursday is another gloomy, rainy day, but it does not seem so bad today. If I were allowed to open a curtain, it would be less gloomy seeming. We look at the weather forecast and plan trips out of the house. I suppose I must finally cook the chicken! It finally thawed. I have been siting and walking around cold all day. Since the sun is going down, I think I might need more than this summer nightgown.

I was going to put an allergy barrier on the mattress and then a pad, but it seems that I am spending an inordinate amount of time watching the current events on TV. The trouble is that I cannot manage to get a fitted sheet on the bed. Tommy did that for me. I am sure it will be hard to put all this on the bed and coordinate with him...sigh.

But, I am funny. At least people tell me I am. Are you funny?

Post a Comment

0 Comments