sponsor

Brought Home Bacon Instead of Chicken

The chicken was not on sale on Monday at Piggly Wiggly. On the way out of the store, I saw "OINKS, chocolate covered bacon." Unfortunately, I succumbed to the package with ONE piece of bacon for $1.80. I will never buy it again. But, it was wonderful--Applewood smoked chocolate covered bacon. Tommy did not want half. So, I begged him to try one bite. He said the bacon was good, but he did not like chocolate on it. Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon?

If I were inspired enough, I would make this for the breakfast at church. I would need to make trial run. But, that would be a pain. Instead, I will scramble a dozen eggs, maybe with cheese in it.

Since bscb were not on sale, I came home and fought the freezer to avoid an avalanche and got out chicken that is skinless but still has bones. I have never seen chicken packaged that 3way before. Have you? I also took out a package of the bscb. All this can go in the oven. This will make enough to freeze. These large chunks of frozen meat will have to go into water to thaw them in time to cook and eat them today.

Sunday, I gave in to the urge to have Kraft Macaroni n Cheese. All was going well until I tried to drain the pasta. The colander was not clean, so I used the lid with five or six holes in the side, holding it on the pot as I turned the pot over. Surprise! I dumped all but about 3/4 cup of the pasta into the sink. Lovely! In order to salvage some of the cheesy choice I was craving, I used what was left in the pot, put half the cheese in it, a dash of milk, and microwaved it. FOR TOO LONG. We both had about a quarter of a cup of the burned cheese in the shriveled pasta. I suppose that is what I get for trying to eat mac n cheese.

I have made an executive decision just now. We will have salmon croquettes for dinner instead of the chicken. I have sweet potatoes baked and in the refrigerator and will cook field peas and snaps. Tommy loves all three of these, so I am set. If I had greens, we could that, too.

Two hours after the last sentence, I have changed plans. I am watching Impeachment proceedings. I told Tommy that he may have to eat pb sandwich for dinner. He said "okay" or that he could go out to get a burger for us. I will cook dinner.

Post a Comment

0 Comments