sponsor

Friday and Garden Plans

Friday night dinner was leftovers--chicken, steamed broccoli, sweet potato, and strawberries. After a busy afternoon and then a nap about 4:30 till 7 pm, it was good to have dinner done already.

Today, I had to go to a meet and greet for the research project where I get all plants, seeds, earth boxes, dirt, just everything I need to raise plants. . .all for free. Everybody gets the same products, plants, and tools.

This research projects is to measure all the benefits of raising a garden--eating more vegetables, happier, lab tests better, etc. Remember a few weeks ago i donated toenails, poop, blood, and saliva to the research project?

I do not have the information out, but one thing I have to do is keep a journal of things I do, think, and questions for my mentor. All mentors are Master Gardeners. We need to take lots of pictures and send then in.

Tommy has a tiny patio where I think I will put the earth boxes. We will see. Somehow, i have to get a seat to sit on out there. If Tommy comes out, he will have no place to sit except his walker.

I don't like to use commercial pesticides. They are supplying all sorts of plant products from a brand called Safer. Have you ever used these? Know anything about them?

A MG told me assuredly that they were organic. I assured him arsenic was organic. He assured me they would never give me arsenic. He missed the whole point.

I will have all products I need and someone to do the heavy work. So, gardening will be possible once again.

The meeting was at 1 pm, so we ate lunch before we left. They had refreshments. We both took water and various little snacks. So, we spent nothing for food out today.

A stop by Piggly Wiggly and I have bananas and chicken bouillon. I think that makes about $15 spent this week.

I meant to say that my oncologist gave the research group my name so they could contact me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments